Re: [Taler] GSOC-17

From: Canberk Koç
Subject: Re: [Taler] GSOC-17
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 02:30:00 +0300

Hello All,

I read the document and deployed the Saleor demo locally so i figure out i should implement Taler backend support to django-payments module.
I saw where backend payment options implemented to settings.py and used in apps.
I am continuning to dig project also. At Draft issue i am not familiar about it what should i do to make a proper draft. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards

Hello Christian,

Thank you for your reply and guiding. I'll look Saleor,document you mention and reply as soon as i can.
Thanks for help.

Best Regards

Dear Canberk,

Looking at your background, I think that working on integrating Taler
with Saleor would be a great GSoC project.  I've contacted Mirek Mencel
(from the Saleor dev team), and they would be happy to co-mentor you.

So I suggest you check out Saleor (install it, focus on the
django-payments library), and look at the Taler merchant shop tutorial
(https://docs.taler.net/current/merchant-shop/python/tutorial.pdf)
and use this to create a plan for your GSoC application.

Please share a draft, we'll be happy to give feedback.

Happy hacking!

Christian