Re: [Taler] Wallet to wallet transfers

From: Noufal Ibrahim
Subject: Re: [Taler] Wallet to wallet transfers
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 16:52:46 +0530

Hi Marcello,
   Your explanation makes sense.

    My scenario is a little different from all three parties having access to the same coins and the "first spender" being the person who gets to buy things.

    I (say as a parent) want to genuinely give money to someone else (say a child). This means that I can no longer spend that money but my child can.

    The sentence you've quoted was based on my understanding of how the protocol works. I gathered it form a talk Christian gave at a conference in India. My understanding is that once I give some coins to a merchant for some service, the merchant will not be able to spend those coins straight away. She has to communicate with the exchange and be issued coins that can be spent. Is that correct?

Thanks.