Re: [Taler] Wallet architecture: browser plugin or system resource?

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: Re: [Taler] Wallet architecture: browser plugin or system resource?
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 19:10:53 +0200

On Tue, 2017-09-05 at 12:45 +0200, David Seaward wrote:
> 2. In the future, there may be a mechanism to synchronise wallets. At
> this point my phone and laptop could share the same wallet.

Yes.  There are corner cases one much be careful about :
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/taler/2017-07/msg00002.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/taler/2017-07/msg00005.html

Those issues can largely be solved if wallets that receive coins from
another wallet refresh them before use, which afaik we plan to do.  In
that case, users who need extra security can avoid making (identifying)
purchases from the wallet that knows the reserve key and does
withdrawals.

Jeff

p.s. Refresh works to transfer money to yourself safely because
unmodified wallet does not implement the linking protocol, so the wallet
could not recover the coins refreshed by another wallet.  A modified
wallet could implement the linking protocol, so you cannot transfer
coins to buy things this way.