Re: [Taler] interested

From: Jeff Burdges
Subject: Re: [Taler] interested
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 20:01:56 -0500

On Sat, 2017-11-25 at 01:06 +0200, bay wrote:
> 1.if i want to send to my friend Alice money,does taler will tax that
> transfer and consider every transfer of money as transaction?if no,how
> taler distinct if every transfer of money is transaction or not?will
> taler automatically take the taxed money?how the government will know
> that i made this transfer of money?

We say Taler is taxable in the sense that if Bob sends Alice money then
the exchange sees the transfer as income.  If tax authorities ever
investigate Alice for tax evasion, then they can ask exchange if the
electronic payment from the exchange to Alice was income and it will
tell them.

In fact, if Alice trusts Bob then theoretically Bob can give her money
without it appearing as taxable income.  Alice must trust Bob because
Bob could take the money back anytime he likes.  We have not afaik
finished this feature yet though.

> 2.do i need install and set GNUnet on my computer in order to use
> taler?

No.  Customers only need to install the wallet.

Taler needs an exchange to escrow customers' funds though.  We have all
the software for an exchange done and available, but currently nobody is
running one.  We'll start one up next year I believe.

Jeff