Re: [Taler] Synchronization and backup

From: Florian Dold
Subject: Re: [Taler] Synchronization and backup
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2018 05:17:19 +0100

Basically everybody with an iPhone or (non-rooted) Android phone is
using some backup/sync functionality, at least for address books.  I
would not consider Dropbox for power-users at all, I've e.g. seen it in
use at universities by people very far away from CS.

Saying that this is power user functionality and we should not try make
it usable *and* secure/anonymous is something I strongly disagree with.

Your argument so far amounts to "let's give up on this", even though
this is something normal users today expect and know from the software
they already use.

- Florian