[Taler] dropping the "X-" prefixes

From: Florian Dold
Subject: [Taler] dropping the "X-" prefixes
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 22:02:52 +0200

Hi all,

is there any reason to keep the X- prefixes for HTTP headers and wire
transfer method identifiers?

The IETF explicitly recommends against X- prefixes, they are deprecated
even for private or experimental headers [1].

We're either always stuck with the ugly X- prefix, or once the header
should get registered/standardized a lot of things would break when we
have to remove the prefix.

- Florian

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6648