Re: [Taler] Dislike Browser Wallets

From: telamohn
Subject: Re: [Taler] Dislike Browser Wallets
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 03:27:53 +0000

I hear you brother, I'm not taler developer but my guess is that there is
nothing from stopping anyone from porting taler wallet to a simple library as
long as you can provide:

1. A secure context to run the wallet in.
2. Ability to send http-requests in order to communicate with exchange &
merchant
3. compatible crypto routines?

Redeeming your product will be a bit different without an html renderer but if
I'm not entirely wrong you should be able build a wallet that treats the
exchange & merchant as a rest-api. From what I've seen so far, taler is
designed to work stateless and without javascript.

Regards
//Tony