Re: [Taler] Matching crypto implementation

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] Matching crypto implementation
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 18:20:28 +0100

Dear Lukas,

First of all, you might want to know that Bernd Fix is trying something
similar, re-implementing the GNUnet primitives in Go.  So you might want
to join forces on that.

Also, you should note that we don't use the original Crockford base32
encoding, but a variation where U=V (so you can spell FUCK, which
Crockford wanted to make impossible).  IIRC Bernd mentioned that we also
use a different ordering of the letters or something else 'particular',
so that might also be causing you grief. That said, AFAIK Bernd did have
"something" working, but I don't recall where his repo is (IMO such
bindings/adapters/reimplementations belong into a Gitolite repo on
gnunet.org (or taler.net), just so that they are easier to find and I'm
happy to set one up.)

Happy hacking!

Christian