Re: [Taler] Allow history rewrite on feature branches

From: Lukas Großberger
Subject: Re: [Taler] Allow history rewrite on feature branches
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 12:05:47 +0200

I'm asking because simply "git push --force" doesn't do the trick for
the proper development branch but results in the following error:

remote: refs/heads/dev/lukas-grossberger/common-base-template
49ada70762b680dc3e6e063bb9263c3b167f3e88
99ecf1bcbcfc8daa4f499d7d3317e57be395e250
remote: Commit 99ecf1bcbcfc8daa4f499d7d3317e57be395e250 was signed by a
GPG key: gpg: Signature made Sat Apr 27 11:47:01 2019 CEST
remote: A force-push or delete is only possible for branches named
'dev/USER/...'.
remote: Admins are excluded from this policy, please ask them if you
really have to delete a branch.
remote:
remote: FATAL -- ACCESS DENIED
remote: Repo            web-common

remote: User            lukas-grossberger

remote: Stage           From git's update hook

remote: Ref             VREF 'FORBIDDEN_FORCE_PUSH'

remote: Operation       Rewind push branch or overwrite tag

remote:
remote: FATAL: + VREF/FORBIDDEN_FORCE_PUSH web-common lukas-grossberger
DENIED by VREF/FORBIDDEN_FORCE_PUSH
remote: error: hook declined to update
refs/heads/dev/lukas-grossberger/common-base-template
To ssh://address@hidden/web-common.git
 ! [remote rejected] dev/lukas-grossberger/common-base-template ->
dev/lukas-grossberger/common-base-template (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://address@hidden/web-common.git'