[Taler] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [Taler] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 00:04:13 +0100

Dear all,

As you can see below, GNU is again trying to participate in GSOC 2020.
While we cannot say whether GNU will be accepted by Google, we should
start to collect ideas for student projects.

If you have an idea you would be interested in pursuing (as mentor or
as student), please respond to this thread. Also, students that would
like to participate should also either contact Florian or me, or
introduce themselves here.

One idea was already floated: integration of Taler with the current
pretix ticket sales system (https://pretix.eu/about/en/).

Happy hacking!

Christian
--- Begin Message --- Subject: [gnu-prog-discuss] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:27:04 +0100 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/26.1 (gnu/linux)
Hello maintainers!

New year, new Google Summer of Code :)

Once again, we submitted GNU's application as a mentoring organization.
The list of accepted organizations will be published later in February.

In the meanwhile, if you are looking forward for your GNU package to
participate in GSOC, it is a good time to start thinking about ideas for
projects and talk to potential mentors.

Your humble org admins for this year, in case the application gets
accepted, will be:

Darshit Shah
Giuseppe Scrivano
Jose E. Marchesi

All communications regarding the GSOC will be done in the
address@hidden mailing list.  You can subscribe at