Re: [Taler] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization

From: M-San
Subject: Re: [Taler] GSOC 2020 - GNU applied as a mentoring organization
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2020 10:52:30 +0100

Dear Christian,

Am Donnerstag, den 30.01.2020, 00:04 +0100 schrieb Christian Grothoff:
> Dear all,
>
> As you can see below, GNU is again trying to participate in GSOC
> 2020.
> While we cannot say whether GNU will be accepted by Google, we should
> start to collect ideas for student projects.
>
> If you have an idea you would be interested in pursuing (as mentor or
> as student), please respond to this thread. Also, students that would
> like to participate should also either contact Florian or me, or
> introduce themselves here.

The Idea is not mine, but I would like to see this (and mentioned it at
the Taler-Meeting in January):

E-mail-messages have a Taler attached and the recipient refunds this
Taler if he deems the e-mail worth that amount.
There should be a user-friedly way to do this to get this accepted
as widely as possible. The recipient should be able to automate this
process for senders he wants to receive e-mail from
MUAs should be able to filter e-mails wether there is a Taler or not.
Organisations that should read their e-mails (Adminstrations,
Government, Police, Justice) should automatically refund the Taler.

This should make spamming expensive.

Hm.
I am not a student and most unlikely qualify as a mentor organisation.
How can I help?

Greetings,
--
M-San <address@hidden>