Re: [Taler] Taler Android UX

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] Taler Android UX
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2020 14:09:28 -0300

On 2020-04-06 11:34, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> I don't think we'll have the withdrawal screen _actually_ twice if the
> first one becomes the exchange-selection screen, as it should.

So far I thought that selecting an exchange should be optional as we can
make a reasonable choice for users on first use and pre-select the last
used one later.

Or do you really want to make users go through exchange selection (and
complicated fee structure review) for each withdrawal?

> https://docs.taler.net/taler-merchant-api-tutorial.html#the-taler-order-format
>
> specifies (AFAIK optional) 'merchant' with name, address and
> jurisdiction.  You can likely use the 'name', make it a
> link/selectable/touchable, and if selected show a dialog with the full
> name, address and jurisdiction data.

It looks like the Merchant is required to be in the contract terms, so
we *could* show it as the most prominent information in the transaction
summary:

https://docs.taler.net/core/api-merchant.html#the-contract-terms

However, at least at the moment, the contract terms are not attached to
the history events the wallet gets from the core.

> I read Florian's bug in part as asking this question. He basically asks
> if we should have some 'ground rules' for the fee structure, as opposed
> to making the fees completely 'anything goes'.

If ground rules and a big warning if they are broken by an exchange is
all you can do, then yes please.

> That said, the current fee structure is even MORE flexible than this,
> and that MAY be too much.

If there's a way to make the fee structure less flexible, so that humans
don't need to worry too much about it, that'd be great.

> I think we
> may want to for now just show the full fee structure (like the
> WebExtensions wallet can do)

Interesting. I tried to find out where the wallet gets the Coin Fees
from, but could only find the Wire Fees.

Btw. it looks like the WebExtensions wallet and the exchange let you
withdraw KUDOS without needing to accept the ToS. IMHO both should
enforce that.

> Torsten, do you have some existing notes based on the e-mail(s) I sent
> you about those features [sync/backup] that might help Belen here?

I'll start dedicated threads here about sync and backup, so we can keep
those discussions separate.

Kind Regards,
Torsten