Re: [Taler] feedback required: browser/wallet integration design documen

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] feedback required: browser/wallet integration design document
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 14:30:13 -0300

On 2020-04-08 14:04, Florian Dold wrote:
> The main goal is to allow the WebExtension to have fewer permissions,
> as the current wallet extension needs totally excessive permissions
> to run.

I am not a web developer, but the goal sounds sensible. What's proposed
in this document also sounds good, but I wonder if there's not an even
better solution to scanning the current active page for taler:// links.

For example, can an extension register itself to handle taler:// links
and can a page find out if there's something registered to handle
taler:// links? If so, pages could check that and simply show a pay
button that links to the taler Uri, if a wallet is available. If not,
they ask the user to install one.

Kind Regards,
Torsten