Re: [Taler] Technical questions for backup/sync (was: UI considerations

From: Torsten Grote
Subject: Re: [Taler] Technical questions for backup/sync (was: UI considerations for backup & sync)
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 16:09:22 -0300

On 2020-05-25 14:36, Florian Dold wrote:
> Regarding Torsten's scenario:  At least that requires a physical
> interaction, *and* it will be "tamper-evident", as the user will see an
> additional public key.

Yep, I just feel better with a crypto solution where I can at least see
that there's an unknown device getting regular access to my wallet state.

Having a static secret exposed in various places and not being able to
easily change it, not knowing if it is compromised or not would leave me
personally with an uneasy feeling using a Taler wallet for anything serious.

Kind Regards,
Torsten