Re: [Taler] taler.net down

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] taler.net down
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 21:25:22 +0200

Hi!

We're now back online.

Postmortem: one of the two (redundant!) power supplies died. System
should have survived it, but somehow ended up in a halted state.
Powering up on the remaining PSU worked, we replaced the broken unit and
tested that hot swapping between the PSUs also worked. This time the
system continued to operate. So somehow the failure of a redundant PSU
took down the system, even though it nominally should survive that. Oh
well. Anyway, normal operation was restored within 5 minutes of arrival
on site.

Cheers!

Christian