Re: [Taler] (docs) taler-in-a-nutshell.txt

From: Sebastian Javier Marchano
Subject: Re: [Taler] (docs) taler-in-a-nutshell.txt
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:05:02 -0300

   [...] from another newbie I can say that I find this overview
   really interesting. What I think it may confuse is in step 5
   where it says "These coins are not anonymous", since coins do
   not change its condition but is the merchant who reveals its
   identity in the operation.

Good point.  I have changed step 5 to read "These coins are
still anonymous, although the transaction itself is not
anonymous."  WDYT?

Yes, I think that's better.

   I'm not entirely sure so my comments may need a review if
   that's how the protocol works.

IIUC (but note that i'm no expert, either!), your description is
accurate.  However, to keep things simple, i've decided to not
include it in this particular document.

Ok

--
Sebastian

   [...] from another newbie I can say that I find this overview
   really interesting. What I think it may confuse is in step 5
   where it says "These coins are not anonymous", since coins do
   not change its condition but is the merchant who reveals its
   identity in the operation.

Good point.  I have changed step 5 to read "These coins are
still anonymous, although the transaction itself is not
anonymous."  WDYT?

   I was thinking how to put it in simple words and maybe what's
   missing is the concept of the contract.

   Maybe:
   In step 3.5 merchant creates a contract with the terms,
   currency and amount.  In step 4, either the merchant or the
   consumer are able to send the (contract + coins) to the
   exchange. In return it gives a receipt.  In step 5, the
   consumer can call the exchange to get the coins left over
   from the payment.

   I'm not entirely sure so my comments may need a review if
   that's how the protocol works.

IIUC (but note that i'm no expert, either!), your description is
accurate.  However, to keep things simple, i've decided to not
include it in this particular document.

Please find attached here revision 1.8:

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2021) Software Libero