[Taler] (no subject)

From: Sebastian Javier Marchano
Subject: [Taler] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 23:52:15 -0300

Hi Taler list,
TIL Another crypto-asset gift to buy personal id.

https://worldcoin.org/

My felling is that buying biometric data in order to track, identify or correlate session should be illegal since is not needed, and UX is not more important than privacy. Sadly this is not going to happen soon but I'm afraid that even if the coin is doomed most of the people think that the only way of doing digital payments is using account based system and therefore think that this "innovation" solve a problem that may not exists in the first place.

Have you read it? What do you think?

I think it is important now to stand out somehow so people will know that they have alternatives, if anyone wants to write a post about it I will be glad to help.
Actually, in my last talk I used enough time to clarify this point (spanish)

Best regards