Re: [Taler] (docs) /private/orders

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: [Taler] (docs) /private/orders
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2021 01:50:30 -0500

() Christian Grothoff <grothoff@gnunet.org>
() Mon, 29 Nov 2021 09:37:20 +0100

   Maybe having multiple lines for the choices would be better
   for Sphinx (see around line 968). We could indeed even go
   further and spell out all variants:

   .. http:patch:: /management/instances/$INSTANCE
   .. http:patch:: /instances/$INSTANCE/private
   .. http:patch:: /private

   Would that fix the Sphinx link resolution?

I think it would.  I have pushed temporary branch ‘dev/ttn’ w/
a small change to see how people feel about it:

 https://git.taler.net/docs.git/log/?h=dev/ttn
 https://git.taler.net/docs.git/commit/?h=dev/ttn&id=ed14d4ab46

Also, attached are a couple screenshots from my system:

This was the minimal change needed for taler-nfc-guide.rst to
compile cleanly (w/o warnings).  It's not future proof.

IMHO, the result is less pleasing to the eye than the original,
and could be confusing, as well.  There is also the discrepency
between including and excluding the trailing ‘$ORDER_ID’.  To
"properly" accomodate all the possibilities would be to succumb
to a combinatorial explosion -- not a good strategy for display
(readability) or maintenance.

So, overall, i think the best thing to do is to teach Sphinx
about optionality somehow (or help others do so), and live w/
the warnings, however irksome they may be, for now.

--
 (defun responsep (query)               ; (2021) Software Libero