Re: [Taler] Taler and UBI

From: Özgür Kesim
Subject: Re: [Taler] Taler and UBI
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 11:50:48 +0200

Thus spake Martin Schanzenbach (mschanzenbach@posteo.de):

> i struggle to understand what spending coins has to do with ubi. ubi is the
> concept of receiving funds by the state to your account, not wallet.
> once the funds are in your account, you can taler away all day.

Correct, if bank accounts are to receive the income.

But we were considering the hypothetical case in which a KYC'ed Taler
wallet could play the role of an individual account to receive somewhat
larger amounts (such as UBI).

Not sure that is something Taler would want to promote, but _if_ it
does, the loss of the wallet could be catastrophic to the individual.

  oec