Re: [Taler] Pointing taler-exchange to my libeufin nexus / sandbox setup

From: Calvin Burns
Subject: Re: [Taler] Pointing taler-exchange to my libeufin nexus / sandbox setup
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2022 23:05:02 +0000

On Fri, 11/18/2022 09:34:58 PM, Christian Grothoff wrote:
> On 11/18/22 16:59, Calvin Burns via Taler wrote:
> > On Tue, 11/15/2022 02:33:23 AM, Taler wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > [exchange-account-1]
> > > PAYTO_URI = "payto://iban/AB123456" # output of `libeufin cli accounts
> > > show`
> > > WIRE_GATEWAY_URL = http://nexus-host:5017/ # same as LIBEUFIN_NEXUS_URL.
> > > Or
> > > do i need trailing paths?
> > >
> > > WIRE_GATEWAY_AUTH_METHOD = basic
> > > USERNAME = myuser
> > > PASSWORD = mypass
> >
> > Who uses the PAYTO_URI and WIRE_GATEWAY_URL how?
> >

> The WIRE_GATEWAY_URL is used by taler-exchange-transfer and
> taler-exchange-wirewatch when talking to libeufin.
>
> The PAYTO_URI is mostly used to determine the wire method ("iban") by
> various components, the actual account number isn't actually used (anymore,
> AFAIK). when we need that, we use the information given to
> taler-exchange-offline.
>

> Happy hacking!
>
> Christian

Thanks.
                    JSON            EBICS, FinTS, Nexus
t-exchange-transfer ---> W. Gateway ------------------> Bank (libeufin, ...)

                    JSON            EBICS, FinTS, Nexus
t-wire-watch        <--- W. Gateway <------------------ Bank (libeufin, ...)

Wire Gateway has the WIRE_GATEWAY_URL as address from both sides.
taler-exchange-transfer, taler-wire-watch and Wire Gateway are part of the
exchange.
The protocol EBICS, FinTS, Nexus is chosen by the PAYTO_URI.

--
Why are private banks allowed to decide who gets credit and for what?