[Taler] libeufin sandbox does not honor user-debt-limit

From: Florian Jung
Subject: [Taler] libeufin sandbox does not honor user-debt-limit
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 01:58:18 +0100

Hi,

It seems that the sandbox does not honor the user debt limit at all:

I set up my sandbox with

libeufin-sandbox config --currency MANA default --users-debt-limit 0

(I am aware that subsequent config calls override every non-specified option with its default. I have no subsequent calls, and even if I did, I can withdraw more than the default 1000).

(Full script at: https://github.com/Windfisch/taler-podman/blob/master/libeufin-sandbox/entrypoint.sh#L2)

But using the webui on https://bank.taler.windfis.ch/webui/, I am able to withdraw 10000s of MANA into my wallet. The same works on https://bank.demo.taler.net/webui/#, btw; not sure if it's supposed to work there.

In my setup, this however definitely breaks the use case. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? (Frankly, I haven't found any actual check for the debt limit in the sandbox code...)

Can you help me fix that please :)?

Cheers,

flo

btw: I'm "only" lacking the merchant backend now; my last issue was a race condition in setup that only happens on the server... argh!