Re: [Taler] elctromobility

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [Taler] elctromobility
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 22:30:37 +0100

Interesting that they're mandating contact-less. I've previously been told that digital payments are an issue for some locations for charging cars as they can be in the basement/garage without GSM/WiFi/ethernet cables. As then GNU Taler doesn't work well either, we've not pushed this use-case in our marketing. Plus, I've seen public charging stations in Switzerland where charging the car is actually free, so that kind-of limits the need for payment in the first place. So seeing this is indeed interesting as it shows that there is at least some need for digital payments in this domain. I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for forwarding!