texi2html

Re: [Texi2html] Feature request: use non-breaking hyphens in @w

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Texi2html] Feature request: use non-breaking hyphens in @w
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 00:12:14 GMT

    Not sure.  Is there some development tool for questions like
    this?

No clue.  I'm just generally skeptical that "advanced" Unicode
characters are actually supported in "most" fonts that "most" people have.

Interesting idea.  That sounds reasonable to me, since it should degrade
gracefully when it's not supported.

Patrice, wdyt?

    Really?  I found these browsers that allow normal hyphens to

Ah.  From your list, I speculate that it is a Firefox 3.5 change.  (I've
never been able to run 3.5.)

Do you know of a web page that can easily show whether or not
breaking at hyphens is being done?

Thanks,