texmacs-dev

[Texmacs-dev] Suggestions to release GNU TeXmacs 1.99.12

From: Darcy Shen
Subject: [Texmacs-dev] Suggestions to release GNU TeXmacs 1.99.12
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 17:58:04 +0800

For the Scala Project, developers will write a detailed release issue:

https://github.com/scala/scala-dev/issues/649

I think it is a good practice to write an open issue(ticket)for the release process.

We just write done things we have to do before the release and after the release.

For example, before the release, we should check the usability of basic functionalities of GNU TeXmacs:
1. Copy and Paste (Unicode)
2. Search and Replace (Unicode)
3. Import of various image formats (png, jpg)
4. ......

After the release, we may write a detailed release note and advertise GNU TeXmacs somewhere on the internet.

And also, it would be nice to use release candidates, when release candidates are released, only bug fixes are allowed.