texmacs-dev

Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs under Ubuntu 22.04

From: Philippe Joyez
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Texmacs under Ubuntu 22.04
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 13:57:48 +0200

Hi Giovanni and Marc,

I apologize for not replying earlier -- I was on vacation.

Regarding the coexistence of different Guile versions in Debian derivatives, IIRC it's only the "-dev" packages that are mutually exclusive, not the binary libraries. A basic installation of the Texmacs deb package at OBS should not remove Guile 2.

Alternatively, the AppImage ( https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/slowphil:/texmacs-devel/AppImage/texmacs-latest-x86_64.AppImage ) is a no-brainer as it should run fine on any linux distro without installing or removing any package while retaining full functionality, good appearance, and normal speed. Just download the file and make it executable.

Best,

Philippe