[Tinycc-devel] Bug in 0.9.9

From: Andrew Sidwell
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Bug in 0.9.9
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 14:24:22 +0000

Hi.

I bet you're sick of my bug reports by now.  Well, I've discovered
a new bug in 0.9.9; I got a segfault while compiling randart.c in
Nangband (I'm using a text SSH account ATM, so I can't paste an URL -
but following the links to "Browse CVS", then going into "nangband",
then "src", and scrolling down 'till you find "randart.c".  Then click
on the revision number, and the text is there).

I compiled it myself, as I am on debian and the 0.9.9 package hasn't yet
appeared in my local mirror yet; so I've got some useful debug data for
you.

I ran it inside GDB, here's the output:

Program revieved signal SIGSEGV, segmentation fault.
0x0804a831 in tok_alloc (str=0x805fe80 "niniel\n", len=7) at tcc.c:978
978              if (ts->len == len && !memcmp(ts->str, str, len))

(after I checked that line in the source, I did the following:)

(gdb) p ts
$1 = (struct TokenSym *) 0x696e0a6e
(gdb) p ts->len
Cannot access memory at address 0x696e0a76
(gdb) quit

I compiled tcc with gcc-3.1 with the default options as in the makefile.

(BTW, because I wanted a challenge, I got the source of 0.9.7 from the
debian archives and made my own package; interestingly enough, I ended
up making th same changes as Cyril did in his patch.)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
--
Andrew Sidwell