[Tinycc-devel] Ignoring unknown options

From: Mitchell N Charity
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Ignoring unknown options
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 13:27:26 -0500

In a similar spirit to TCC 0.9.13's planned ignoring of -O options,
I've found it useful to patch tcc with an --ignore-unknown-options
option.

This allows me to use tcc in place of gcc, even when the tool managing
the compilation is passing a long option string, some of it gcc specific,
which is sometimes inconvenient to filter.

This may not be a common situation.  And an alternate approach is to use
a tcc-wrapper program which filters the arguments, and then calls tcc.

Fyi,
Mitchell Charity
(One of my low-priority projects is writing a Perl Inline::C extension,
 which uses tcc to do diskless run-time code generation.)