Re: [Tinycc-devel] type cast prob.

From: s duclos
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] type cast prob.
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 04:34:43 -0800 (PST)

>      (int)a = 5
>      (int)(a = (char *)(int)5)

> I leave up to Fabrice to implement it in tcc. I've
> got no idea if it
> is easy to do or not.
>
> And by the way I don't know what Sylvain expect his
> code to do. Does
> he want to round up a to its floor? Or should this
> be a No-Op (since
> assigning the same bits to a float).

Basile,

It's not my code ( no realy! :)

I tought too that it was some sick trick for a
floor().

On second though it can viewed as a pathological
degenerated case in C syntax.

Usally we see this when one want to remap a part
of memory with a different stuct layout and
assign stuff to it.

Turn out that I do that some the time ... :\

Cheers,

Sylvain.