[Tinycc-devel] tcc on FreeBSD patch

From: Carl Drougge
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tcc on FreeBSD patch
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 01:52:33 +0100

I saw tcc mentioned on slashdot, and figured "eh, cool". So I downloaded
it, and found it not to work on FreeBSD. I've almost fixed that, the patch
is attached (unless the ML manager removes attachments).

The following works:

address@hidden uname -srp
FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE i386
address@hidden gmake
gcc -O2 -g -Wall -m386 -malign-functions=0 -DCONFIG_TCC_PREFIX=\"/usr/local\"
-o tcc_g tcc.c
strip -s -R .comment -R .note -o tcc tcc_g
gcc -O2 -Wall -c -o libtcc1.o libtcc1.c
gcc -O2 -Wall -c -o bcheck.o bcheck.c
bcheck.c:37: warning: #warning A comment just above this line says
CONFIG_TCC_MALLOC_HOOKS is required, but it doesnt work on FreeBSD. Sorry.
address@hidden ./tcc -B. -D__FreeBSD__ -c -o tcc_t.o tcc.c

address@hidden gcc -o tcc_t tcc_t.o libtcc1.o
address@hidden ./tcc_t -B. -D__FreeBSD__ -c -o tcc_t2.o tcc.c
address@hidden cmp tcc_t.o tcc_t2.o
address@hidden

In other words, self-compiling with the self-compiled version produces
the same output as self-compiling with the gcc-compiled version. The
linking stage however does not work, but that's fast with gcc anyway, so I
don't see it as a big problem. Using tcc in #! works too.

This was not a serious porting effort, I did it because I couldn't be
arsed to wath anime.. But still, I don't think anything except the
Makefile change should break on linux systems.

Oh, and yes it's ok by me if the licence is changed to LGPL or X11.