[Tinycc-devel] Any hope for small c++ compiler

From: Brian Olsen
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Any hope for small c++ compiler
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:01:59 -0700

I know that a small fast C compiler is very useful. However, there's tons of us desparate C++ coders who are peeved at g++, which is even slower than gcc.

Of course the goal would be to compile something as beastly as KDE or FOX, or libsigc++.

Is it better to go for a cfront type precompiler and run that through tcc or just implement a native tc++ compiler from scratch?

Last time I checked I didn't really see any too active projects like this. The reason probably is that the c++ standard sucks enough that it's impossible to trivially write a c++ compiler.

Brian