[Tinycc-devel] Using tcc as gcc replacement

From: Mitchell N Charity
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Using tcc as gcc replacement
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 01:24:07 -0500

   I want to use tcc as replacement for gcc in a project which uses
   autoconf/automake to reduce development cycles. Does someone have
   experience with this? Using

To use tcc in place of gcc, I've found it helpful to create an adapter
script, eg, tcc-as-gcc, to remove and shuffle arguments, and to define
gccish macros.  Some linux headers do silly things if __GNUC__ is not
defined.

I've been using trivial task-specific throwaway scripts, but I wonder
if it might be worth adding a real one to the tcc distribution.  Though
that might just be a distraction.

Mitchell