Re: [Tinycc-devel] Modularisation

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Modularisation
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:00:19 +0100

I am not against modularisation - I just did not have the courage to do it. If you do it, the self compiling 'test' targets in the Makefile should work as expected. This is the main reason I did not modularize TCC once the linker was done.

Fabrice.

Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
Fabrice,

the current tcc source compiles as one big compilation unit (the other
files are just #included).

I realize that that was a forced choice in the beginning, before you had
implemented the linker.

I also realize that it makes it easier to code in the first phases.

But I think things have settled down so much that it would be wise to
split the source into proper modules soon.

Should I go ahead and make an attempt at that or rather wait until you
release the next version?

Is it something you'd still rather not do just yet?  Maybe only a couple
of releases down the road?

-Peter

"We also know how cruel the truth often is, and we
wonder whether delusion is not more consoling."
 -- Henri Poincaré