Re: [Tinycc-devel] Modularisation

From: Laurent DESNOGUES
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Modularisation
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:14:47 +0100

> It doesn't seem to be too difficult from my reading of the sources.  As
> long as the size of pointers and integers stay the same,
[...]
> There are a few endian problems in the compiler that breaks
> cross-compilation from a big endian machine to a little-endian machine
for
> the moment.  Probably the other way round, too.  Which endianness does
> PS2Linux use?

   The PS2 has a 64 bit little-endian processor, so I
may hit assumptions about integer/pointer sizes...

   My guess is that the main problem will be in the
ABI.  The MIPS ABI used by PS2Linux expects params in
registers whereas the x86 ABI expects them in the
stack IIRC.  Anyway it will just be a matter of moving
things around...

   Thanks for the tips...

        Laurent