[Tinycc-devel] C6x Port

From: TK
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] C6x Port
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:44:39 -0800

Fabrice,

Thanks for writing an incredibly concise C compiler, the code is truly beautiful.

I have attempted a TCC port to the TI C6711 DSP.  To my knowledge it is the only available "free" compiler for the C6x.  (TI has an excellent compiler called Code Composer, but it sells for $3-4K, and is somewhat slow).

It generates a COFF output file that is fairly compatible with Code Composer's.  Including function calls, debug line numbers, and global symbols.

Currently it compiles under MS VC++ 6.0 and runs under MS Windows, but it wouldn't be hard to change back to Linux.  If anyone has any interest I can post the code somewhere.

I am hoping to distribute this with a C6x DSP board I am designing.  Would this be OK?  Are their any legal issues?

Thanks again

TK