Re: [Tinycc-devel] C6x Port

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] C6x Port
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 11:57:59 +0100

Hi,

I am very interested to see your source code (TCC has never been ported before - and generating COFF instead of ELF is also very interesting - even for x86 it would be useful for a windows port). Can you send it to me or to the mailing list or give a link ? Since TCC is released under the GPL you can do anything with it (including selling it) provided you release the source code.

Fabrice.

TK wrote:
Fabrice,
Thanks for writing an incredibly concise C compiler, the code is truly
beautiful.
I have attempted a TCC port to the TI C6711 DSP. To my knowledge it is
the only available "free" compiler for the C6x.  (TI has an excellent
compiler called Code Composer, but it sells for $3-4K, and is somewhat
slow).
It generates a COFF output file that is fairly compatible with Code
Composer's.  Including function calls, debug line numbers, and global
symbols.
Currently it compiles under MS VC++ 6.0 and runs under MS Windows, but
it wouldn't be hard to change back to Linux.  If anyone has any interest
I can post the code somewhere.
I am hoping to distribute this with a C6x DSP board I am designing.
Would this be OK?  Are their any legal issues?
Thanks again TK