[Tinycc-devel] Re: C67 Support

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re: C67 Support
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 10:37:00 +0100

Hi,

I am back :-)

Peter, as I understand you would like to cleanify the C67 port so that I can merge it easily ? As you said, I would like the minimum number of ifdefs. It would also be interesting to see if pecoff (win32 exe format) can be derivated from the c67 coff support or if a totally new exe writer is needed (at least pecoff has a different header). I would like that both coff and elf are usable for c67 (I don't mind if it is selectable by an ifdef). elf generation for c67 should be very easy especially if no DLLs are generated. Ideally, target endianness should also be selectable (what about big endian x86 ? :-)).

Testing is important, so we must have a way to use the C6x emulator. As I understand from the mailing list, it should be doable.

Note that my new project is a high performance portable Linux CPU user space emulator. The first working target is x86. If someone wants to add C6x support, I believe it would be the fastest C6x emulator on Earth :-) If someone is interested, he must define an ELF file format for it (my emulator only support ELF input programs) and a way to make linux system calls, at least to do a write() on stdout for the tests.

Fabrice.