Re: [Tinycc-devel] More than 3 integer registers?

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] More than 3 integer registers?
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:14:14 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:

> I haven't gone through all the opcodes emitted in i386-gen.c (and outside
> of it, in the value stack manipulation code) but it doesn't look like
> there are any instruction sequences that are hardwired to use EBX -- it
> therefore seems free to use as a general purpose register.

Oh... isn't BX used for position independent code in shared libraries? :/

(the things you suddenly remember when you have almost fallen asleep)

-Peter

We bomb for peace on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  We bring democracy
by bypassing the UN voting process on Tuesdays, Thursdays and
Saturdays...- Rogerborg