Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX

From: Steve Dekorte
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 04:40:30 -0700

Thanks for the response.

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 03:16 AM, Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
1) Do you know PPC assembler?

Nope. I did some C64 assembly back in the day. But I don't remember much of it.

2) Do you know the executable format for OS X?  Does it use ELF?  COFF?

Mach-O, I think. I don't know anything about executable formats, btw.
This sounds difficult...

3) Do you know anything about compilers in general?

I've written a VM before: http://www.iolanguage.com/

4) Do you know 386+ assembler?

Nope.

5) Do you know Unix build systems?

I'm familiar with make.

ad 3) It would be easier if you knew a little -- like, what is a parser, a
  lexer,

I've written those before.

 intermediate code, register allocation, a code generator, etc.

I haven't done that before.

Have you considered using something like GNU Lightning to produce your assembly code? It already supports several architectures.

Cheers,
Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/