Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX

From: Peter \"Firefly\" Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] OSX
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 15:16:36 +0200 (MEST)

On Sat, 19 Apr 2003, Steve Dekorte wrote:

> someone could point me to exactly what code needs to change and general
> docs needed to understand how to change it, I would research it and

What compiler books do you have?

The Dragon Book?   Appel's?

> give it a shot if I think I could do it without an unreasonable amount
> of effort.

Some thing you can do right away is to make tcc build cleanly on OS X and
see if it still generates the exact some output as when hosted on an IA32
platform.  You will need a port of the parts you don't rewrite, anyway :)

OS X is 32-bit only at the moment, isn't it?  That, and the fact that OS X
is a Unix under the hood + the fact that Fink will give you the same tools
as the rest of us use under Linux should make it a very easy first step.

-Peter