[Tinycc-devel] tcc problems on FBSD 4.8 and patch

From: Billy
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tcc problems on FBSD 4.8 and patch
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:27:27 -0700

I had some problems compiling on FreeBSD.

  *  -ldl doesn't exist on FreeBSD (or at least not on base system)
  *  bcheck.c::__bound_malloc prototyped with (size_t,const void*) arglist
     bcheck.c:L785 called __bound_calloc(size)

I wrote a patch that seems to work: http://www.idiom.com/~billy/tcc.patch

I was somewhat confused by the __bound_malloc because caller isn't
referenced in the function definition.  Then again I probably missed
something.

If I have some time, I would like to try and track down the linking
issue on FreeBSD.  Any pointers or thoughts on it would be
appreciated.

-billy