Re: [Tinycc-devel] uint8_t, unsigned char, and char for BufferedFile (an

From: Vladimir G. Ivanovic
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] uint8_t, unsigned char, and char for BufferedFile (and others)
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 13:54:55 -0700

  > ... this ought to work as long as we only try to read ASCII source
  > files

  > Comments?

The C99 standard allows but does not mandate multibyte source
characters.(Section 5.2.1.2 Multibyte characters). It also allows a
multibyte execution character set whose encoding might be different than
the source character set.

Required are the 26 uppercase and lowercase Latin letters, the 10
decimal digits, 29 punctuation and graphic symbols, plus space,
horizontal & vertical tab and form feed, all of which are in the 7-bit
ASCII set. (@ $ ` <DEL> are not required).

--- Vladimir

Vladimir G. Ivanovic                        http://leonora.org/~vladimir
2770 Cowper St.                                         address@hidden
Palo Alto, CA 94306-2447                                 +1 650 678 8014