[Tinycc-devel] VM design...

From: Alan Grimes
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] VM design...
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:07:47 -0700

Beleive it or not, people are actually beginning to insult me for
spending 5 years bitching about my issues using the totally undocumented
and vastly overcomplex GNU binutils. Their aditude is "I figured it out
so you should be able to too." My aditude is "If you figured it out then
I shouldn't have to figure it out."

At this point, the human brain is both simpler and better documented
than GCC/binutils.

In any event, I'm interested in putting two basic problems in the
ground:

1. How does TCC expect its code to be loaded and run? or, How do I go
about designing a loader and VM to run tcc code, as in what
charactoristics does it need (for a new OS)?

2. How do I write special modules such as the boot immage which must be
linked in such a way that certain structures in the binary, such as the
Multiboot header, appear in the correct format and within the necessary
address range?

3. Compiling even the most trivial programs from the Flux OSKit seems to
be impossible with tcc... What would be the best way to go about porting
the multiboot library?

--manythanx

--
"Nobody wants to say how this works. Mabye nobody knows."
        - The man page for XF86Config, One of the key config files

http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/