[Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-Win32 Port Created on Sf.net

From: Thomas Harning Jr.
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-Win32 Port Created on Sf.net
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:28:13 -0400

To all Win32 TinyCC desirers, the port to Win32 has its own Sourceforge project.
http://www.sf.net/projects/tinycc-win32 is the root project page
http://tinycc-win32.sf.net has not been set up yet since I have been working to create a release. The release should be up ASAP as I have created 1 example and have ported TinyCC to run and compile with VC 7.1 The patch for the TCC 0.9.20 will also be generated ASAP to follow through with the GNU license requirements that the original TCC has.

Any developers wanting to join the Dev-team for TinyCC-Win32, please email me and try to include any work you've done so far, ideas, and previous experience. Please to not try to join if you have no idea what you are doing.

Notes on progress for this coming release:
 - only compiles to memory
 - no bounds checking
 - no debug data
- no lib,dll includes really... .a and .o includes that are in ELF format MIGHT work, since tcclib1.a worked before. - tcclib1.a removed from requirements, since software math isn't exactly needed [yet?] - almost a pure port, so some bugs may be present in addition to pre-existing bugs ...

For everyone, even/especially non-devs, if you have any patch/code that could make any of these features work properly, please get the release and send me a patch, or just give me the patch since i have a special DIFF-type program that can work with 3 different file versions. I hope to see this Win32 version flourish and have full .exe, .obj, .lib, .dll file generation/include capabilities so that this can be a super-tool for script-tool users, since they might know C already, and the compiled form of the runnable program is very nice as opposed to interpretted code.