Re: [Tinycc-devel] Hi

From: Mauricio Abre
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Hi
Date: 20 Nov 2003 17:59:56 -0300

El jue, 20 de 11 de 2003 a las 14:50, DiezelMax escribió:
> Yes
>

> > Hi ppl
> > Anybody here?
> >
> > --
> > Mauricio Abre <address@hidden>

Well, the list isn't very active...

I've discovered tinycc yesterday looking for C compilers at google, and
I was amazed the tiny & fast it is, very cool, congrats.

I would like to know what is the dev status, what areas are being
working on and what plans do you have, I'd be glad to contribute
anything I can.

I don't know much about lowlevel/asm programming nor about
(auto)generating optimized code, but I have a few ideas:

- Making backends to output different platform/arch obj/bin (ie like
fasm does), if tccasm is gas based, it should not be very difficult.

- Supporting 2 VERY important GNU exts:
 * __attribute__ constructor/destructor - A lot software depend on
this...

 * When in linux, search headers in <common include path> + <common
path>/linux/ - This should be a very easy & fast ad, and it is vital to
correct compilation when including some system hdrs.

 * #include_next  (some system hdrs - like <limits.h> - make use of this
directive) - This one should also not be very difficult to implement.

The rest is up to you, I don't know what your plans are, that's why I
asked you to tell me, I saw in the docs it lacks of PIC support, but I
think I can't help on this (actually I don't know what PIC exactly does,
if someone can enlighten me I´ll appreciate it so much)

Bests
--
Mauricio Abre <address@hidden>