[Tinycc-devel] bug in end of buffer handling while parsing line comments

From: Bertram Felgenhauer
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] bug in end of buffer handling while parsing line comments
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:37:44 +0100

Hi,

if tcc encounters the end of the buffer while skipping to the end of a
line (i.e. C++ style) comment, it will produce an error similar to the
following:

  tie2.c:717: unrecognized character \x00

The bug is in the parse_line_comment() function in tcc.c. Here is a
patch which fixed the problem for me (there is also similar code in
the parse_comment() function, so I hope it's correct):

  http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~bf3/tinycc/tcc_parse_line_comment.diff

With best regards,

Bertram