Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Tinycc-devel Digest, Vol 19, Issue 8

From: Merlin R. Avery Jr.
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Re: Tinycc-devel Digest, Vol 19, Issue 8
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:50:24 -0500

Do wee need to use protected mode to port tcc to DOS, so that we
should add DOS32 extender ? Anyway i never use it before.

Do you want to rewrite TCC so that it can handle memory managment in a
16-bit segmented memory model?

That one made me LOL. Back in my dos days I found wdosx to be the best 32-bit extender. It was also a nice replacement for dos4gw from watcom. I recommend using that if someone is planning to do 32 bit dos. Then again, djgpp might be much easier to port to since it's gcc with a dos world around it. And has cwsdpmi as it's extender. Why would someone want to work in a dos environment on purpose anyway?