Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC code generation for a stack based VM

From: Mirar
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TCC code generation for a stack based VM
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:48:57 +0100

> Unfortunately it is not in my hands to change the requirements.

It was just an idea :)

> On the other hand, if we would use TCC for JIT compiling then for
> every new processor we would need to write a code generator wich we
> would like to avoid.

Nah, you would require TCC to work for every new processor. The code
would stay the same (since it would be in C)? I didn't know you
switched processors that often.

TCC is rather small though (a few 100k), quite comparable to an
interpreter.

Why not make a registered based byte code interpreter, it might be
easier then rewriting tcc? (I haven't seen any answer whether tcc can
do that yet, but...)

/Mirar