Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm support?

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm support?
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 19:23:49 +0100

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 09:40:06AM -0500, Yelich, Scott D. wrote:
> I can compile tcc on linux x86 and it seems to make tcc-arm --
> but if I try to compile tcc on arm, it tells me that the cpu is not supported.
This is because your uname -m output is different from "armv4l" - the
only ARM configure knows about.
What exactly does uname output on your machine? "armv5tel"?

> My goal is to get tcc (tcc-arm) on a Sharp Zaurus running pdaXrom
> (www.pdaxrom.org).

Try
http://www.stud.uni-hannover.de/~daniel/tcc/tinycc_0.9.22-cvs20041227_arm.ipk
It is built for the SL-5500, but should work on newer Zauruses.

Apart from that package, you need glibc's header files, .so links to your
shared libraries and /usr/lib/crt{1,i,n}.o.
As you appear to have a working GCC installed on your Zaurus, these files
should already be there.

  Daniel