Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-PE

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyCC-PE
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 23:56:30 +0200

I commited in the CVS most of your patches. A few details:

- I suppressed 'pe_setup_paths' which is not needed. I just kept the fact that "tcc_lib_path = tcc.exe path" is the default on WIN32.

- I did not add the 'verbose' flag yet.

- the dllexport visibility logic in the st_other ELF symbol field is not merged yet. Maybe using the ELF visibility stuff would be better, but I don't know how gcc 3.4.x handles it (is dllexport equivalent to visibility("default") ?). Moreover I don't like using st_other as the dll index.

- The __chkstk patch is not merged yet.

- The #pragma stuff is not merged yet

- What are your other patches in the preprocessor ?

Fabrice.

grischka wrote:
Hi,

I lately started some experiments with TCC on Windows, and finally I got it writing runnable exe's and also dll's.
As to the original code there are not too much changes (I hope), maybe
to mention a #pragma pack(...), and also a __chkstk for the function prologue when it has more than 4kb locals, well and a fix in macro_subst (see below).

So, if anyone is interested to check this out, I did put together a package including a binary compiler, some header files and 'tiny' library.

http://grishka.port5.com/tccpe-0922.zip