[Tinycc-devel] Test on TinyCC-PE (maybe more)

From: Hanzac Chen
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Test on TinyCC-PE (maybe more)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:22:41 +0800

I've been testing the TinyCC with PE outputs ...

However, I can't get win32/examples/hello_win.c to run. Here is the
message:

win32/examples/hello_win.c:110: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast win32/examples/hello_win.c:111: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
tcc: undefined symbol 'MAKEINTRESOURCEA'
tcc: undefined symbol '_winstart'

I think there's some bug about the preprocessor related to TCC or its PE part.

After that, I do a specific test, when I use
#define MAKEINTRESOURCE(i) (LPSTR)((DWORD)((WORD)(i)))
Compiling the hello_win.c won't print undefined symbol 'MAKEINTRESOURCE'

Seems that the preprocessor will consider it's a function instead of a
macro if using nested macro definition, e.g.,
#define MAKEINTRESOURCEA(i) (LPSTR)((DWORD)((WORD)(i)))
#define MAKEINTRESOURCEW(i) (LPWSTR)((DWORD)((WORD)(i)))
#define MAKEINTRESOURCE MAKEINTRESOURCEA

I still don't understand why symbol '_winstart' can't be found, I
already checked the libtcc1.a, it is generated correctly and the
'_winstart' is in that lib.

Regards,
Hanzac